Tonight we released a major rewrite of our import architecture in preparation for migrating to the Garmin Health API.
Smashrun has integrations for a lot of different sources, and then there’s our API, and FIT/TCX/GPX file import, and of course import via email. And it’s all inextricably intertwined. We’ve done a lot of testing over the past week, but there’s a lot of moving parts, and we updated a *lot* of lines of code, and well….it’s been a long night, and it’s not entirely impossible that we broke something.
If all goes well then everything should work exactly the same as it always has. However, if you happen to notice any unexpected behavior, anything weird or out of place, please shoot us an email at email@example.com and we’ll sort it out.
I’ve got a pretty extensive background in API work and development and I absolutely LOVE SmashRun so if there’s anything I could do in terms of testing or working things out please feel free to let me know!
Thanks. That’s a generous offer. I’ve sacrificed quite a few nights and weekends at the alter of this latest API, so if I could think of a realistic way to take you up on it I would.
This has been such a….well, let’s just say, challenge, that I’m tempted to write my first engineering debrief blog post. But more likely I’ll just move right on to the next item on the list.