Better streak tracking

We’ve adjusted the streak tracker to make it a bit easier to keep track of your current streak. Now, if you’re running a streak but it’s not your longest streak, we display your current streak alongside your longest streak.

Like this…

And likewise if you’re taking a break from running, but it’s not the longest break you’ve taken, then we also show your current break.

Like this…

That said, if you’re not on a streak or on a break (or if your longest streak/break is the one you’re currently in the middle of) the streak tracker will look the same as it always has.

This release also contains dozens of assorted bug fixes. If you’ve reported a problem recently then the odds are that it should be patched in this release. If not, let us know, as we’ll sort it out.

12 Comments

Zac

Cool feature! Would it be possible to use Social or Ranks or search to see comparative streaks across the Smashrun community?
Asking because I’m wondering who of us is going for the 366 badge this year and if we can cheer each other along?

Mark

There seems to be a (one day) discrepancy between the streak day number announced when a run syncs (with Garmin for me) and the new “current streak” field?

Zac

Same – also Garmin. The streak and current streak are accurate but the congratulatory message on sync/upload is a day ahead. Today, it said I’d done 60 days but the main display says, accurately, 59

Dave T

Yeah, except that the streak numbers are +1 on the ‘announcement’. I just got my 2000 announcement a day early.

Paul C OBRYANT

opps, it looks like it caused a glitch. On the ranks page, click on any runner and the streak field on the comparison page no longer has any data.

Lawrence B Baker

The update regarding streak history and current streak is awesome! I had to stop a 630 day streak due to surgery! Great to see this!

chris

Five days or longer. We didn’t want to clutter the interface or detract from the longest streak in the normal cases. 5 days seemed like a good line for a streak rather than just running a few days in a row. 🙂

Steve Mosey

How does the streak tracking deal with a long overnight run? For example an upcoming 24hour ultra starting at 10pm. I don’t want to stop and start my watch, just for the sake of the streak.

As I see it, I will have run on both days, for a significant distance, and don’t want to lose a 500+ day streak because of the way that it’s counted. My personal log will count it as both days, but it would be nice if the badges keep rolling on SmashRun.